Highlights of the Budget 2013-14
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh presented the budget for the year 2013-14 today in the house. Singh claimed the budget progressive and in the favor of all section of the society. Virbhadra Singh said that Govt has given an outline of the policy initiatives and strategy proposed to be adopted by us for ensuring faster, sustainable and more inclusive growth for the coming year.
He promised that his Government will always remain alive to the problems and concerns of the people. We will adopt people centric policies so that the fruits of development trickle down to the poorest man. He said that this budget must be seen as a step towards fulfilling our pledge to serve the people of the state. I dedicate this budget to the people of our State and seek their cooperation to make Himachal Pradesh a model state.
Highlights of the Budget 2013-14
(1) Every department in State Government will scrutinize it’s Acts, Rules and Guidelines and suggest amendments to simplify the procedures and to make them citizen centric.
(2) A State Commissioner (Public Grievances) to be appointed to monitor timely disposal of public grievances.
(3) An “Administrative Boundaries Reorganization Commission” will be set up for re-organization of boundaries of administrative units of various departments.
(4) A State Innovation Fund to be set up with an initial outlay of `5 crore to encourage departments to try new initiatives.
(5) Direct Benefit Transfer under all state scholarship and welfare schemes.
(6) An outlay of `175 crore proposed for the state food subsidy scheme.
(7) Annual plan outlay of `4100 crore proposed for 2013-14.
(8) Each MLA to be given a budget of `2 lakh as discretionary grant fund.
(9) “Integrated Crop Diversification Programme” to be started to bring additional 3000 hectare area under vegetable cultivation.
(10) “Mukhyamantri Adarsh Krishi Gaon Yojna” under which 68 selected panchayats will be given a grant of `10 lakh each for agricultural infrastructure.
(11) Production of mushroom will be treated as an agriculture activity.
(12) Organic Certification Agency to be established to provide the facility of organic certification to the farmers in the state.
(13) Seeds of high yielding variety of maize, paddy and fodder to be provided at 50% subsidy to the farmers for the coming kharif season.
(14) Token tax exempted for tractors for agriculture purpose.
(15) One Panchayat in each district which is completely free of stray animals to be given an award of `5 lakh.
(16) Financial assistance to the NGOs/Trusts for setting up and running of Gaushalas for provision of cowsheds, fodder etc.
(17) Procurement price of apple, mango kinnow, malta and galgal to be increased by 50 paisa per KG.
(18) Anti hail nets to horticulturists on 80% subsidy.
(19) Procurement price of milk increased from the existing `17.80 to `18.80 per litre w.e.f. 1st April, 2013.
(20) `1 crore 90 lakh to be provided for renovation of inland fish landing centres near reservoirs.
(21) Six new monkey sterilization centres to be started.
(22) New ICDP project for Shimla, Kangra and Kullu districts.
(23) Housing Grant under Rajiv Awas Yojna and state housing schemes to be increased from ` 48500 to `75000.
(24) Bi-monthly reimbursement of `350 to be given to BDOs, Tehsildars, Naib Tehsildars and officers in charge of police stations, chowkis and fire stations for use of mobile phone.
(25) Water supply at 70 LPCD to additional 2500 habitations, 2000 hand pumps to be installed during the next financial year.
(26) High Powered Committee for speedy clearances of Hydro projects.
(27) `270 crore to subsidise domestic consumers of electricity.
(28) ` 75 crore equity contribution to HPSEBL.
(29) Provision of `230 crore for payment of energy charges for lift irrigation and lift water supply schemes.
(30) Three new state of the art industrial areas to be developed in district Una, Solan and Kangra.
(31) Clearances for industrial projects to be made time bound and brought under Public Services Guarantee Act.
(32) Concessional CST of 1.5% on the existing industrial units and 1% on new industrial units.
(33) `10 crore to be provided for construction and upgradation of the Bus Stands at subdivisions and blocks.
(34) Grant and equity of `160 crore to HRTC in 2013-14.
(35) Facility of filing e-returns, e-declaration, etax payment and issue of C&F forms to be extended to registered dealers having annual turnover of `40 lakh and above.
(36) Registration fee under the H.P. VAT Act, Central Sales Tax Act, Passenger & Good Tax Act and Luxury Tax Act to be abolished for the new dealers.
(37) HP Traders Welfare Board to be revived.
(38) 9% VAT on all types of footwear.
(39) VAT on aviation turbine fuel to be reduced from 5% to 1%.
(40) New hotels in the backward panchayats to be exempted from payment of luxury tax for a period of 10 years.
(41) Free travel facility to government school students for going to and coming from schools in HRTC buses w.e.f. 1st April, 2013.
(42) Patients suffering from cancer and spinal injuries and those on dialysis to be provided free travel facility in HRTC buses along with one attendant.
(43) Re-opening of schools denotified and closed by the previous government.
(44) PTA grants to Lecturer School Cadre to be increased from `7250 to `10875, for the TGT from `6950 to `10425, and for C&V teachers from `6750 to `10125.
(45) Smart classrooms to be started in 618 Government Senior Secondary Schools and 837 Govt. High Schools.
(46) Vocational education in 100 new senior secondary schools.
(47) 5 thousand meritorious students of 10th and 12th class to be provided Net books/tablets under Rajiv Gandhi Digital Student Yojna.
(48) Student of Himachal Pradesh who gets admission in IITs, IIMs or AIIMS to be given a cash incentive of `75 thousand.
(49) New ITIs will be opened in all the Vidhan Sabha constituencies without a government ITI.
(50) New engineering college under RUSA in district Kangra.
(51) Cash prize given to the outstanding players of the state to be doubled. Award money of Parshuram awardees to be enhanced from existing `50000 to `1 lakh.
(52) Monthly incentive to be increased from `15000 to `25000 and from `25000 to `40000 to encourage PG doctors to opt for interior locations.
(53) Higher Education Allowance for doctors acquiring PG Degree to be raised from `5000 to `7000 PM and for those acquiring PG diploma from `2000 to `3500 PM.
(54) VAT on cigarette, cigar etc. to be increased from 18% to 36% and on bidis from 11% to 22%.
(55) At least 20% women to be recruited at constable and Sub Inspector level.
(56) Assistance given for remarriage of widows and inter caste marriage to be enhanced from `25000 to `50,000.
(57) ‘Mahila Kalyan Board’ will be set up in the state.
(58) Allocation of `1014 crore under the Scheduled Caste Sub Plan and `369 crore under Tribal Sub-Plan.
(59) Social Security pension to be increased from `450 to `500 pm. Pensioners above 80 years of age will be given pension @ `1000 PM. All pending applications to be cleared.
(60) Assistance under ‘Mukhya Mantri Kanya Daan Yojna’, to be raised from `21000 to `25000 w.e.f. 1st April, 2013.
(61) Ex-servicemen pension to be raised to `500 per month from April, 2013.51
(62) Amount of War Jagir to be increased from ` 2000 to `3000.
(63) Grant of uniform allowance to non-gazetted ranks of police to be doubled.
(64) 10 courts of Additional District and Session Judge and 2 courts of Civil Judge(Junior Division) will be set up in the State.
(65) “Skill Development Allowance” of `1000 per month to be given to 10+2 and above educated unemployed youth. This rate will be `1500 per month for persons with disabilities. Interest subvention of 4% to be given up to project cost of `1.50 lakh.
(66) ‘State Skill Development Council’ to be established.
(67) 2000 posts of teachers of different categories, 500 posts of data entry operators/ computer operators, 500 posts of water guards, 500 posts of patwaris, 250 JEs/surveyors, 200 forest guards, 200 posts of Panchayat sahayaks and 100 posts of nurses and all vacant posts of doctors to be filled up.
(68) Winter allowance for employees in tribal and hard areas increased from `200 to `300 per month.
(69) Fixed Medical allowance for employees and pensioners increased from `250 to `350 per month.
(70) Contractual employees completing 6 years of service, Daily wage employees completing 7 years of service as on 31st March 2013 to be regularized as per norms.
(71) Part timers including part time water carriers in the education department who complete 9 years of continuous service as on 31st March 2013 will be made daily wagers as per norms.
(72) Financial assistance to the registered workers engaged in building and construction activities to be enhanced.
Latest posts by The News Himachal (see all)
- Golden Jubilee celebrations of HP Vidhan Sabha - October 21, 2013
- Padam Singh Memorial Cricket Tournament funds used in Mandi by-poll: HPCA - October 19, 2013
- HP High Court summons records of lower court in CD case - October 14, 2013
Short URL: http://www.thenewshimachal.com/?p=15166