Search
Sunday 20 August 2017
  • :
  • :

Four die of electrocution in Beniwal village

In a tragic accident, four people, including three of a family, were electrocuted to death in a septic tank at a house in Beniwal village of Una district.

Family member stated that Subhash got into the septic tank at his house to dismantle a wall, but did not come out for quite some time. To check him, his brother Gurlal went in, but did not come out either. Then Nihal of the same family entered it, but did not come out to their dismay. After that, family members raised an alarm and then their neighbour Gurmeet Singh also went in to rescue them, but did not come out. After it neighbour called police, but till then three of them have died, whereas fourth one died later.

Preliminary investigations revealed that the family members took a bulb inside to carry out the work and it believed that same electric wire caused the electrocution.



The News Himachal seeks to cover the entire demographic of the state, going from grass root panchayati level institutions to top echelons of the state. Our website hopes to be a source not just for news, but also a resource and a gateway for happenings in Himachal.