Directorate of Higher Education Himachal Pradesh has ordered to introduce National Vocational Educational Qualification Framework (NVEQF) under CSS “Vocationalization of Higher Education” w.e.f. 2013-14 in selected 100 senior secondary schools of state.
Director in his official letter to these Govt. Schools stated that the Government of Himachal Pradesh has decided to introduce Vocational Education in 100 Govt. Sr. Sec. Schools of the State from the session 2013-14, for the students of classes 9th to 12th, with four subjects/trades i.e. Automobile, Retail, Security and I.T./I.TeS at least 2 trades in every school under NVEQF. Maximum seats has been fixed 25 per course and can be increased up to 35 per course per school on availability of infrastructure in the school. Among these hundreds schools, nine schools of Bilaspur and Chamba District, Hamirpur-8, Kangra-14, Kinnaur-3, Kullu-7, Lahaul Spiti-2, Mandi-13, Shimla-12, Sirmour and Una-8 and Solan -7 have been selected in the first phase.
Director said that Automobile, Retail, Security and I.T./I.TeS would be introduced from current academic session from Level-1 in 9th class as normal track mode and Level 1& 2 in 11th class as fast track mode. With this direction, now Govt schools will have to enroll students in these trades as well and faculty will be deployed shortly.
Guidelines for implementation of Vocational Education in schools
1. Minimum seats: -The number of seats per vocational sector per school will be 25 as per norms of MHRD. However, the seats can be increased up to 35 per course per school on availability of infrastructure in the school.
2. Fee Structure: -No additional fee other than fee mentioned in education code shall be charged for opting vocational subject. However being practical subject in nature, practical fee shall be charged like any other practical subjects.
3. Criteria for Admission: – The admission to this subject shall be purely on merit basis of previous class. However, if number of candidates is more than the allotted number of seats per sector then the candidates who are not in merit may be allowed to opt for this subject as an additional subject. But in case of any candidate opting for this subject as an additional subject shall be liable to pay certification fee and any other charges as per norms of NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation)/ SSC (Sector Skill Council), New Delhi. An undertaking shall be taken from the parents/ Guardians of such candidates by the school authorities before confirming their admission to this subject as an additional subject.
4. Girls Student allowed in Boys Schools and vice-versa: -In those schools where Boys and Girls schools are functioning separately and one of them is not selected under NVEQF then students of Boys School/ Girls School may be allowed to attend other school.
5. Nodal Officer: – Dr. GirijaNandChauhan (T.O.) will act as Nodal officer on behalf of Department of Higher Education, Himachal Pradesh.
6. Counseling: -Counseling of the candidates and their parents/guardians may be held by the school authorities before permitting admission to this subject.
7. Online Filling of Form: An online Performa for each candidate opting for these subjects shall be filled by the school to maintain the student record for the purpose of certification etc. by NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation)/SSC (Sector Skill Council), New Delhi for enabling the candidate for the purpose of employment in India or abroad as these councils are recognized by various placement agencies worldwide and also for verification of degrees and certificates.