Shimla: Terming state government a big failure, former state cabinet minister and BJP Chief Spokesperson Dr. Rajeev Bindal claimed the Virbhadra led state Government has failed on all front.
Dr. Rajeev Bindal denounced the claims of development made by the Health Minister Kaul Singh Thakur and termed them beyond facts.
Bindal, in his press communique, claimed that previous BJP led state govt had started many flagship programs, which having long lasting effect on the health Services, while the present Congress led Govt. couldn’t gave even a single flagship project. Listing the programs begins during the previous government Dr. Bindal boosted of successfully implementing programs like Atal Swasthy Sewa 108, Anemia Mukta Himachal, Swasthy Bima Yojna, Beti Hey Anmol Program in his tenure. He claimed
“• Atal Swasthy Sewa 108 on 25th of December 2010 with 108 Ambulance which changed the Emergency Management Services of the state. Prior to 108, 262 Ambulances were there in the Dept. but almost nonfunctional.
• Anemia eradication program was launched in the name of “Anemia Mukta Himachal” to improve the female health.
• Swasthy Bima Yojna was first time launched in HP with 305 lakh smart cards for BPL & others with 30,000 Rs. Treatment in general and for Gravious diseases 1 lac 75 thousand Rs. Treatment Cash Less. HP received Top award of India in Health Insurance Scheme.
• “Beti Hey Anmol” program was launched with grand success and involvement of 5 surrounding states now the national program “Beti Bchhao, Beti Padhao”
• Govt. Hospital’s PHC, CHC’s were Strengthened by giving then autonomy to take decision with the involvement of public representatives.
• MBBS Seats in Shimla Medical College was increased from 65 to 100.
• MD-MS Seats in Shimla Medical College was increased from 39 to 100.
• Super Spatiality DM & Mch. Seat were Created in IGMC Shimla 1st time 8 Seats were approved.
• MBBS Seats of Tanda Medical College were increased from 50 to 100.
• Tanda Medical College was raised to Post Graduate Institute by creating 49 Seats of MD-MS in the College.
• Super Specialty Hospital was constructed in Tanda Medical College.
• GNM Nursing and B.Sc. Nursing Colleges were started in The State.
• Post Basic Nursing was started 1st time in the state.
• M.Sc. Nursing was started 1st time in The State H.P”
Dr. Bindal quipped that only opening of new PHC’s doesn,t makes much difference, but services given matters.