Shimla: Accepting long standing demand of the people of the Chopal tehsil in Shimla District, the state Cabinet gave its approval for opening of new Government Degree College at Chopal from the next academic session 2017-18.
The Cabinet, it its meeting chaired by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, also accorded approval to fill up posts on contract basis.
In its another landmark decision, the state Cabinet also decided to regularize the services of about 2000 Part Time Water Carriers (PTWC) and Water Carriers-cum-Peon working on daily wage basis in Higher/Elementary Education department as appointed under 1996 policy prior to 27-07-2001, who have rendered 14 years continuous service as PTWC or Water Carrier-cum-Peon on daily wages basis (combined) till the 31st March, 2016 and 30th September, 2016 as well as on same dates.
Posts filled or created
· The Cabinet gave its approval to fill up 108 posts of multi-purpose Workers in the Forest Department on contract basis.
· To fill up eight posts of Office Assistant (IT) in Higher Education Department.
· It approved to create seven posts of Veterinary Officer and eight posts of Para Veterinarians for Modern Abattoir, Krishanagar in MC Shimla.
· It approved for creation and filling up six posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in the Himachal Pradesh Election Department on contract basis.
· Approval was accorded to fill up four posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Printing & Stationary Department and three similar posts in Social Justice & Empowerment Department on contract basis.
· It approved creation and filling up the post of Deputy Director for Polytechnic/Engineering College.
· Two posts of Clerks on contract basis in the Department of Hospitality and Protocol.
· It approved creation of one post of SLA and one post of JLA in Government College Jukhala in district Bilaspur.
· It approved one post of Senior Assistant on regular basis and one post of Junior Office Assistant (IT) on contract basis in Government College Bhoranj in district Hamirpur.